Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A day with "kids"

On Sunday the 27th, my sister and her daughter came for a visit. Being as they are "city folk", they, or well, my sister, thinks living alone in the country is absolutely boring and can't imagine how I do it. So when they come to see me, I make sure we do something fun. Last time we went sledding (within walking distance) and Sunday was almost 50 so we went on a hike. Its great for my neice, because she can run wild and scream as loud as she wants with not a soul to care. She plays with the dogs, runs, plays, and acts like a fool. Heck, even I get in on the action simply because her mother is so "uppety" about it all. As a result, my neice wants to visit all the time, which reinforces my plot to annoy the piss out of my family...(insert evil laugh here). I mean really...why should I care if I look foolish? The poor child is being raised to believe that you must constantly behave, keep your mouth shut, and do as your told. So when she comes here, she does whatever she wants. But I fear I'm losing ground. She got dirt on her hands, and was appauled....she is becoming too prissy and its killing me. ugh. Anyway, here are a few pictures of her and me being silly...enjoy.

In this one, I had to spend 5 minutes trying to talk her into standing on this log..poor child is losing the vision of fun...

Photobucket

Here we are running like fools...couldn't get her to through up her hands "in total abandon" but she was laughing nonetheless...

Photobucket

Here I told her to race the dogs up the hill, then we played "Rocky"...

Photobucket

Her and Ben were marching in a parade...a 2 "being" parade...

Photobucket

Here we are strolling along the tracks...she was collecting RR spikes...

Photobucket

And finally, Ben and I sharing a "moment" while I cleaned the mud off of his legs...

Photobucket.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Your neice will undoubtably remember the times of coming out to the 'sticks' to spend time with you with such fondness. Simple things like this mean so much to kids really, especially when they're dragged up in a city. Here's hoping she gets to spend heaps more time with you :-)

I love your hounds!!