Monday, January 7, 2008

Resolution....

Its seems to be a tradition, like fireworks on July 4, or Santa at Christmas....everyone asks what my resolution for the new year will be, and its funny that they actually expect one. Many years I have gone without making any commitment of that type. I've seen so many people fail at it, and it always seemed that I couldn't find a small enough resolution to make it do-able. So, for the longest time my resolution was not to have one. This year is a bit different. I think I've found one small enough, and reasonable enough to keep.

This year, I resolve to learn how to quilt. Not just throw fabric in a machine, mind you. No, I mean to do it properly. To do it from start to finish. Making a design, choosing fabric, and actually doing it. Even if its either to help Novel with hers, or completely do mine (which is the goal), I plan to learn and do. Not terribly lofty, and if I decide when its all said and done that I don't like it, well, I'll move on to another "hobby". I guess as a sidenote to my resolution, or a broader look into it would be to learn a craft. Heck, maybe several crafts, as I want to can veggies this year, too.

So there it is everyone, my resolution......what's yours???

3 comments:

The Handler said...

This year I decided to try to not be a smart ass. I knew it would be hard but I thought I was up to the task. I made it to Jan 2nd before I failed. When you think about I did pretty good. I normally break my resolution on Jan 1st.

I'm sure quilting is a good hobby for some people but it is soooo un "Jen". You don't get to hurt anybody or blow anything up. The only good thing I see is that a sewing machine could be considered a power tool.

I have a good idea,

Have you ever had a hard time finding your Glock under your pillow in the middle of the night? If you could sew a holster into the quilt so you have quick access to the Glock. That would be very "Jen".

HD Chic said...

oh my darling...lmao....yes, the sewing machine is a power tool, and if somebody gives me crap, I can stuff their head in it and sew their lips shut....how's that?

The Handler said...

Thats the Jen I know