Saturday, December 6, 2008

Aaaah, Saturday...

I should be resting, or doing something "fun", but there is just no time for it. I need to go get more supplies for the food I'm cooking for the 13th, and I still have some bows to make. Not to mention the continuous cleaning up after each project. We still have a few gifts yet to get, but it won't be this week....funds are skimpy this week.

Last night we got our schedule for the new job...I was so excited! The first week in Jan is spent in Rockford, IL at the main office for paperwork, training, and other mandatory BS. The next week will be in Muscatine, IA helping another team and getting some major On the Job Training. And then *drum roll please*...

FLORIDA!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!

We will be in Jacksonville, FL from 19 Jan 09 - 30 Jan 09. OMG I am so stoked! By the time we get there, I'm sure we'll have the schedule for February. We even did a MapQuest search, and its only a 6 hour drive to see my dad in NC. That will work out great when we have a long weekend to go ride with him. He's pretty happy about that part, LOL.

The DH's family is pretty mellow about it all. I'm sure his middle brother is happy we are leaving, because he's so much better than us, ya know. His youngest brother I'm sure is kinda sad, simply because he likes having the DH around for helping out, as does his dad. DH's sister is excited for us, simply because she does know how we like to be going all the time. And finally I think his mom has just decided to be 'ok' with it because she knows there isn't a thing she can do. I think what keeps her being ok is that we are keeping the house here and will be back at some point (July and December).

I have decided that when it comes to buying gifts (birthday and Christmas) for the nieces and nephews....well, lets just say there is going to be a new way of doing things. In the past we have been careful about how much we spend, making sure not to 'offend' anyone. But it always seemed that the attude was pissed off because we spent too much, or pissed off because we didn't spend enough. So fuck it....I told the DH that if I see something for them that I think they'll like, and its $100, I don't care, I'm getting it. Parents be damned! LOL If they don't like it, I don't care because none of them have the balls to say something to me....they can all kiss it as far as I'm concerned. Its not about them, anyway. I can spend what I want, and if they don't like it, tough shit.

Anyway, thats all I've got for the moment. I may write more later, I may not...depends on the day! Lucky you, right? :)

No comments: