Friday, December 12, 2008

Its almost time

Tomorrow is the day! I've been working my ass off getting things ready, decorating and cooking. Today I've been pretty much cooking all day. DH got folding chairs, and another long table from the in-laws, and helped me put the leaves in the dinning room table. He also did a lot of chopping...onions, chicken, cucumbers, etc. And he also finished the cheeseballs, plus went to the grocery. He is currently making fudge.

As for me, well, I've been all over the house doing any number of things. Yesterday we got some ornaments for another tree that is going in the boys' room...a Harley tree...I believe I've already discussed it. Today I managed to get pictures of it all decorated. I still have pumpkin bread to make yet this evening. I also made 2 pumpkin pies, 2 pecan pies, and a cucumber salad.

Anyway, here are some pictures for your enjoyment...

Part of my Santa collection:

Photobucket

Back room:

Photobucket

Harley tree:

Photobucket

Sleigh in the front room, I made the bow:

Photobucket

I made this bow, too:

Photobucket

Pie safe in kitchen:

Photobucket

My 1940 stove on the front porch:

Photobucket

Our life-size Santa:

Photobucket

Half wall upstairs:

Photobucket

Bannister:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jayne said...

You're gonna need a holiday girl after all this work! I hope everything goes well for your day :-) & I think the Harley tree is FAB!!!

HD Chic said...

Thanx hun! The party went well...good turn out, and everyone loved the trees and food. I think we'll be eating off this stuff for the next week! LOL