Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Here I sit....

drinking hot cocoa, at my kitchen table with the tv on the Christmas at Rockafeller Center special on. Its more like background noise, to tell the truth.

I feel like I have been busting my ass, and yet I can't see the progress. Yesterday I cleaned...I mean cleaned the kitchen....well, most of it anyway. The floor will wait. Today I cleaned the downstairs bathroom, went with the DH and cut fresh pine bows to make wreaths and swags (all of which is piled on the kitchen floor), unpacked the grocery bags that have been sitting in the back room for 2 weeks (they contained the supplies to make this huge supper for the Open House, nothing parishable), rearranged the Santa display in that room, cleaned the foyer enough to get the 1940 stove moved into it for decoration, put some pine bows and a ribbon in the bottom drawer of that, erected the lifesize Santa for that room, and well, thats about it for today. Oh yeah, I made one wreath and one swag...still have a bunch of pine left...and made a batch (24) oatmeal cookies...ugh. Tomorrow is another busy day. I need to vacuum upstairs, get the closet locks covered (they are pieces of wood that will keep the door from sliding open), and try to get a few more things off the menu made to save time. If this weather would let up, I could fix the lights outside.

Wow, that was a huge, seemingly run-on paragraph, lol. I have also added more songs to my 'swingin christmas' collection, and need to get a disk burned. Today I listened to the 40's channel on Sirius. Its great music and I have yet to hear a repeat. Love it! I know the DH is thinking I've lost my brain, but eh, he knew that before he married me!! lol

In other news, I've managed to reunite with the few friends I had in High School through Facebook. Its been cool chatting with them and catching up. Not many left the immediate area, but I guess that happens.

My poor son tonight.....I had to tell him about Carlo and Elite. He was really fond of Elite, and it literally broke his heart when I told him they had to cross the Rainbow Bridge. Nothing worse than hearing your 9 year old cry over the phone and there is nothing you can do to console him. Poor guy. But I felt I had to tell him before he got here for Christmas...I think it would have been worse on him to wait. He is such a sensitive soul...always caring more than he should...gotta love him for that.

Anyway, thats all I know at the moment....just seem tired all the time. But again, stress does that to me. Top that with the "I hate winter" attitude, and I am not exactly the most pleasant person to be around these days.

Oh, one more thing....I'm sick of Miley Cirus....

No comments: