Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm freezing my ass off!!

Ok, I'm inside my warm house, but its 28 degrees F outside....eeewwww!! All I keep thinking is "just a few more weeks and I'll be in the south!" I know, I know, it gets cold down there, too, but not 28! Anymore, I hate the cold, I hate the snow, and I hate the wind that makes it all worse! And it doesn't help that I know I'm leaving soon for warmer weather. I swear I'm like a bratty little kid! LOL

Things around here are coming along. We found some extra luggage on sale at JCPenney's, so that will be good for when we leave. We've got most of the trees up and decorated. The big ones anyway....DH left out today for trucking, which means maybe I can get more done here, LOL. Seriously though, I just have the smaller trees left and when I turn on the music and get in 'the zone' I get tons of shit done. So this afternoon I'm going to do just that. I have a long list of small things that need to get done besides just the trees, and today will be a good day to get started on them.

Hee hee....being the bitch that I am, I was going to make a sign for my front door about unruly and unattended children, but couldn't think of something that hadn't been used already. The best one I have seen was "All unattended children will be fed chocolate and given a puppy"...HA! I guess I could have one that says "Let your children run crazy in my house, I'll let my chickens run crazy in your car" I know its mean, but my nieces and nephews are the most unruly bunch of heathens I've ever come across. Would you believe I had to devise a way to lock my closets so they wouldn't get into them? Mind you, this will all be during the Open House....I am just expecting disaster. The last time we had a big gathering here, 2 nephews just waltzed up and opened my closet doors in the bathroom. I almost died. Then 2 other ones were crawling around on the kitchen floor (they are 4 and 6) all under the table and around people's feet...one person almost tripped and fell. Where are the parents, you ask???? "Oh honey, now lets not do that, ok? Please?" UGH That is the only thing I don't like about things like this. The kids are out of control. So, I am just waiting for something bad to happen, at which point I will ask them to leave. I've already informed the DH that I will not hesitate and he was fine with it. I have put in too much work around here for some little shit to break something, spill something, or whatever. gggggrrrrrrr

ANYWAY....I'm off to work on my house. Maybe when its all done I can post pictures. :)

No comments: