Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Television

Yes, I watch TV, although not as much as most people I know. My friends think I'm a bit 'off' because I only have a few shows that I watch, and the rest I could care less about. My week usually looks like this:

Monday: CHUCK, Two and a Half Men

Tuesday: Depending on the time of year, either American Idol, or Biggest Loser

Wednesday: Nothing

Thursday: Again, depending on the time of year, Survivor and CSI: Las Vegas

Friday: Used to be Crusoe, but now..????

Saturday: Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? and Don't Forget the Lyrics and now Crusoe

Sunday: Extreme Home Makeover.....

The only 2 nights that are a 'must' for me are Mondays for CHUCK, and Thursdays for CSI. I'm trying to make Crusoe a habit, but the damn network keeps changing the night on me. I used to watch Moonlight (you know, the one about the Vamp investigator) but that seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, my point is this....so many people are hung up on the dramas. I don't get into One Tree Hill, Gossip Girls, Sex and the City, Housewives, and I HATE soap operas!! I have never understood how people get so obsessed with them. I've been told that they make you think of other things besides your own problems. Okay, but so much so that you worry about these characters more than your own life? I know many folks who just freak out over things that happened on ER, or Days of our Lives. ???? If I'm going to watch something that takes me away from my current problems for 30min or an hour, I damn sure am not going to emerse myself in some fake ones!! Give me a show that makes me think, or makes me laugh. One that really does take my mind off of issues in my life, not one that piles more on!!

Anyway, as you can see, I watch about 6 hours of evening TV per week, if that. Most times its 3 or 4, especially if its reruns.

As for morning TV, when I met the DH I was a staunch Good Morning America watcher. He got me into the TODAY Show, and I'm glad he did. I make it a point to watch it in the mornings, although I cannot stand Merideth Viera. She is a stupid drunk who can't conduct an interview to save her ass. I wish after Katie Couric left that Ann Cury would have taken her place. Whether or not she was offered the position, I don't know, but I really like her. She is sensitive, passionate, and fun. Merideth? LOSER. In my humble opinion, she is a complete idiot. Nobody cares about her opinion, she is supposed to report the news, not give her views on it. Not be accusatory, but give the facts. She just needs to GO AWAY.

After the 'meat' of the TODAY Show, its background noise for me. I really don't care much about the Hoda and Kathy Lee thing they've added, and I occassionally watch Regis and Kelly, either. If I'm really bored, or have a wild hair, I'll watch Dr. Phil, or Oprah, but that is mainly to kill time before my local news comes on at 5pm.

So as you can see, I don't spend too much time in front of the television when compared to some people. And when we start the new job in FL..it will be even less!! I may watch the streaming videos of Chuck and CSI on the internet if I have time, but we'll have to see what time allows.

1 comment:

The Handler said...

Ssandmpottero let me get this strait. You DON'T like Merideth Viera?