Monday, December 8, 2008

A trip down memory lane

In the past couple of weeks, I've been back in contact with several people from my high school days. Now, I really don't want to remember that time in my life, as it is strewn with bad times. However, amongst the debris of shit, there are a few good memories that surface, and with them come the people who were involved.

First and foremost, my best friend then, DWK....funny, after 20 years of no contact, we slipped right into our 'groove' and its like we never lost each other. (There is a long story behind that, which includes that ohsowonderful bitch of a woman that gave birth to me) She then in turn got me back into my Facebook page, which then in turn got me in touch with some other people I went to HS with. LW, BE, and PB. Crazy really, how some people never change....at least in the looks department. All of them look like they just stepped off of the graduation stage..not a day older. I'm not sure if I am going to be able to make it to the reunion, as I have to see where I am with the new job. I'm hoping too, but not holding my breath.

So anyway, that is my trip down memory lane. It was brief, but nice. I enjoy talking to the folks I've reconnected with, seeing where they are and what they are doing now. Pretty cool.

In other news, DH and I cut some more pine bows today, and also put up another tree. The boys' room just looked naked with the little 4ft tree in the corner. So we broke out a scrappy looking 6ft tree, and I 'enhanced' it by filling in all the gaps with the left over pine bows from today. It actually didn't turn out too bad, and it also has blinking colored lights on it. This week I will take a trip to Hobby Lobby and get some large black and orange balls (yes, I said BALLS, lol) to hang on it...it is in the boys' room, which is also the Harley Room. The top half of the walls are HD orange, and the bottom half of them are black. There are t-shirts pinned to the walls, and the curtains are silver. So I think the additional tree in there will make a nice addition. I also drapped pine bows and sprigs of cedar along the railing at the top of the stairs. I wouldn't call it a railing, more like a 1/3 wall that keeps you from falling down the steep ass stairs, lol. That also has some colored lights woven through it. These same lights also run down the banister to the front room. I'll have to take pictures tomorrow and post so you get the idea.

Today was actually nice...45 degrees F...so I was able to completely clean out the car. Man, the amount of shit I accumulated! Anyway, I cleaned every window inside and out, vacuumed the floors and seats, hauled out all the trash, and any other junk that didn't need to be in there.

Tomorrow I am going to get the front room cleaned up.....it has scrap pine all over it, cedar sprigs, tape, wire, cutters, gloves, etc. Its a freakin obstical course just to get from the kitchen to the couch! I will also put some lights on the front of the house, since the DH mentioned he should have done it today...it will be a nice suprise for him. :) I guess I should also get the rest of the house cleaned up, since I'm only 4 days away from the party. My problem is I am too fast. I get up and get more shit done by noon than most people get done in 3 days. I crank up the tunes and just GO. I hate waisting time on work, so why not get it done so the fun can start? :)

Anyway, thats all I've got for today...time to go watch one of my favorite shows....CHUCK!!!!

No comments: