Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What to write?

Lots of things have happened, yet it seems nothing is really going on. So I'll drone on and bore you with the little things, and if I feel up to it, the recent drama in my life.

We'll start with the fact that it is just fucking COLD outside! Yesterday it was a whopping 3 degrees! If I wanted or enjoyed those temps, I'd move to Alaska...sigh. I absolutely HATE the cold. Today isn't much better...13! Obviously I'll be staying inside today.

The Open House went well. Most folks showed up around 6, which is what I figured would happen. Of course the in-laws stayed well after everyone left, finally going home around 8:30pm. There wasn't much to do as far as cleaning up. We basically covered things or put things in Ziploc bags and it was cold enough in the garage that we could store things out there as well. Our fridge is packed, and the card table out in the garage is covered, lol. Some things weren't good the next day, like certain salads went soggy...the chickens had a great feast! Sunday, aka, 'the day after', was spent laying around, eating and napping all day. I was just exhausted and really in no mood to do a damn thing. I was so bloated by the time I went to bed on Sunday night I was just miserable! Yesterday, (Monday) I took a friend to the Dr. for her colonoscopy....ewww. Left here at 7:30am and didn't get home til almost 3pm. The greatest thing....I came home and all the dishes were done, roaster pans, silverware, plates, etc....counters were cleaned, and spare tables taken down and put away. I was greatly impressed! DH had also found a home for the remaining 5 layer hens. There is a man in Burlington, IA that is planning to come get them at some point, so I feel better.

In other news, our boys will be able to come visit from the 27th to the 3rd. I know its cutting things really close as far as us leaving, but its the only way we could see them this year. Next year they will (should)be able to be here on Christmas day. Its an every-other-year thing. I can't decide if I'm going to leave all of the trees up for when they come, or just the one in the front room. I'm so NOT in the mood to take them down, but also not in the mood to keep looking at them or walk around them anymore. Sad to say, I know, but thats why I don't like to put them up so early. It just gets old. DH suggested we just leave them up til next year, but I am really not wanting to come home in July to see Christmas trees all over my house. So while the boys are here, they will help take them down.

I've decided not to blog about the other drama just yet. Maybe I'm avoiding it, maybe I'm thinking it will go away if I just don't talk about it. Either way, I'm leaving it where it is, and that is on the far back burner, or actually, out with the trash. I'm sick of the lies and bullshit, and I have way more important things going on in my life to even acknowledge this. So out it will stay....for the moment.

Jumping topics, I'm thinking about SpaceBags for packing some of our stuff. Being that is in the mid 60's to low 70's in Florida, I'm thinking I don't really need my heavy sweaters just yet. The only problem with that idea is getting it sucked back down after its opened. I have a small vacuum, but I don't think it has the power to get the bag back down flat. After some discussion, we may just only pack 1 or 2 sweaters, and a couple sweatshirts and call it good. Its going to be Spring down there after all!! So this week and next I think I'm going to go through my closets/drawers and make a specific list of what I need/want to pack. Specific numbers...socks, underwear, etc. I've also got to figure out a way to pack all of my shoes. I'm taking them all, hehe. We are also taking a small electric skillet, but debating on also taking a crockpot, aka slow cooker. I think that might come in handy. I'm trying not to get carried away with things to take, as there is limited room and some things I just won't have time for. DH would also like to get a couple of bicycles when we get down there. I think that is a fine idea, and would help get us up and moving on our down days. But I want to wait til we really get to know what is what down there.... a sort of routine I guess you could say. I know one thing that is going to happen upon our arrival is our eating habits. Better foods and portion control is my mission. I have gotten a bit out of control with my eating, and its beginning to show. I have GOT to cut back and really pay attention. Anymore I eat for something to do and I can't do that anymore. 'Nuff said.

I was reading a blog the other day, and the person mentioned how 'friends come and go' in her life. Friendships 'burn out' as she put it. I guess that got me thinking about my own friendships, the one with her in particular. I don't know what has happened, or why, and I don't know what causes it, but she was right...at least about us anyway. Our friendship seemed to start out great and strong, then things in life happened, and I admit now as I did then that I did and said some hurtful things, but I had thought we agreed to continue the friendship and rebuild it. Seems that idea has floated away...or burned itself out. It happens I guess. People have their own lives, and their own priorities. We all do, and if someone falls off that list or just isn't needed anymore, then there is really nothing that can be done. There are really no hard feelings I guess. I'm used to it...and NO, that IS NOT A GUILT TRIP OR PITY PARTY. Its an acknowledgement of the events and life in general. I admit I am a bit sad that I've fallen away, but again, 8 years in the military taught me that people come and go in your life. Some are good, some not so good, and some leave you wondering wtf you did to cause the distance. But all in all, it taught me to just let them go and move on with your life. You'll either see them again or you won't. I guess that is why I don't get too attached to people, as it will only hurt you in the end. Shit happens.

Well my fellow bloggers, I must close this entry out for now. I may blog later today, or I may be lazy. Its snowing like mad out and I am only doing some laundry today. DH is leaving probably later this afternoon, heading for Kansas City. He'll be home tomorrow evening, so I'm just really going to work on the little things to get ready to leave in January.

Until I post again...have a good day/night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It absolutely agree with the previous message